The value of Educational Camps
Educational camps may sound a bit dull, but really they are anything but. They can be an amazing opportunity to expand upon or develop new skills that can shape a child’s education and possibly even their future. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider an educational camp for your child this summer.
- Learn and develop a new skill. Camp can be a great opportunity for kids to learn or develop a skill that they wouldn’t otherwise have encountered. Whether that skill is science, music, math, or even archery or horseback riding- a child can definitely benefit from the one-on-one attention and the readily available resources for learning that you can find at camps.
- Catch up on a subject, or excel in one. If your child is struggling in a subject or even looking to get ahead in their down time then camp can be a fun alternative to a tutor or extra school program. Camp takes all the educational value found in the classroom and transforms it into a fun educational experience that children want to be a part of.
- Meet people with the same passion. When you choose a camp that is geared towards a specific subject, interest, or activity, you’re bound to meet people who share the same passion for that interest. Campers can bond, and meet people just like themselves to create lasting friendships and explore their interests together.
- Have access to tools and leadership you may not have access to during the year. When a camp specializes in a certain subject or activity then their staff and facilities are centered on that interest. This allows them to gather all the resources and knowledge necessary to create a truly educational experience in a specific area, which may not be offered in a normal school, or even extra-curricular setting during the year.
- Keep your brain working during the period between classes. Summer can be a long break, and it’s important to keep children engaged so they can continue to grow their minds. Camp can provide a fun and educational experience that keeps kids’ minds active during the long summer months without it having to feel like they’re still in school.
- Carry over skills into your education, hobbies, and possibly your future career. The skills you learn and develop at camp become a part of who you are and can easily be carried over into whatever aspect of your life you wish to expand upon. The interests you develop at camp can even enrich a child’s passion for a subject that can result in a future career path!
There are many reasons to send a child to camp, and learning is probably one of the best. Summer is the perfect opportunity to explore the parts of the mind that your child wants to develop and expand their skills and interests to grow as people. Consider an educational camp for your child this summer; it might just be the beginning of something that will truly help your child grow.
Everyone knows the value of getting away from routines and technology to spend time in nature. Around the world, kids feel a different kind of energy take hold as their camp busses roll off highways through camp gates each summer.
Beginning in 1946, Camp Bil-O-Wood Has been run by the Ludwig Family for generations.
Keats Camps has been serving youth and families for over 85 years as a part of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. Thriving during the summer months, our property comes alive with over a thousand campers & staff and all of their visiting parents & friends.
Manitoba Pioneer Camp
Founded in 1940, Manitoba Pioneer Camp has been operating ever since as a life-changing summer camp for children and youth. It is part of a network of nine Inter-Varsity Camps across Canada.