Why work at a camp this summer?
When it comes to summer jobs, you have a lot of options. You can go for a job that gets you some experience in a field you wish to pursue, or even a job that will make you a lot of money so you can save for school, but you should also consider a job that will help you become the best version of yourself. Working at camp this summer can have some definite advantages that you may have yet considered. Here is a few arguments for why you might want to consider a camp job this summer.
- A job at summer camp will give you the opportunity to live, play, and work in the great outdoors. Not many jobs can boast such a great view, and not many position contracts end with such a great tan.
- Camp provides you with a chance to go on new and interesting adventures. Whether those adventures are exploring new places, or trying new and exciting things, you are bound to come away from your time at camp with some fantastic stories and memories that will last a lifetime.
- There are tons of camp options available to you; you can experience new areas of your province, other provinces, or even a new country while being paid for the opportunity. Why not explore Canada this summer?
- Camp staff will become a part of your life. When you work at a camp your co-workers become a support network, and can even come to feel like your family away from home. By working at a camp this summer you could meet the people who will become your best friends from the summer far into the future.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to become a huge part of a child’s life for the summer. You could become a role model to a child that needs the support, fun, and comfort that you will be able to provide them during your stay at camp.
- You’ll develop leadership skills. Being responsible for a group of people will teach you your leadership strengths and how to most effectively utilize them.
- You may learn new interesting skills that could grow into future interests and hobbies. Sure it may not be a crucial life skill to learn archery but it might be an interesting experience and possibly a way to bond with new groups of people for the rest of your life.
- You’ll be able to save the money you earn. Camp might not be a job that makes you millions but the money you do make you can easily save since most of your time will be spent at camp and not out doing other costly activities to fill your time.
These are just a few of the many reasons why a job at camp can help not just enrich your summer but enrich your life. It’s an experience that will help you grow as a person while still helping you fill the requirements of keeping a steady summer job. Whether it’s your first camp job or your 15th, you’ll always be able to learn and grow in ways that might surprise you. Plus, for something that’s supposed to be a job- it’s a ton of fun!
Everyone knows the value of getting away from routines and technology to spend time in nature. Around the world, kids feel a different kind of energy take hold as their camp busses roll off highways through camp gates each summer.
Beginning in 1946, Camp Bil-O-Wood Has been run by the Ludwig Family for generations.
Keats Camps has been serving youth and families for over 85 years as a part of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. Thriving during the summer months, our property comes alive with over a thousand campers & staff and all of their visiting parents & friends.
Manitoba Pioneer Camp
Founded in 1940, Manitoba Pioneer Camp has been operating ever since as a life-changing summer camp for children and youth. It is part of a network of nine Inter-Varsity Camps across Canada.